Wednesday 13 March 2013

♥ Jennifer Lawrence Inspired Make-up -Oscars 2013 ♥

Today I am sharing with you a very exciting tutorial from the Oscars 2013. If you watched the event or have seen pictures you would have probably seen the gorgeous Jennifer Lawrence, as soon as I seen Jennifer walk on to the red carpet I knew I had to re-create her make-up and that's what I did as soon as I woke up the morning after the Oscars and now this is me finally getting around to writing this and getting it up for you!
Source
Jennifer's dress was one of my favourite of the entire carpet and she looked stunning it fitted her so fell and I really loved her necklace that went down her back - very unique! Her dress was Dior Haute Couture which makes sense as she is the new face of Dior's Handbags! Overall the night was a great success for Jennifer as she won Best Actress! She did fall going up to accept the award but you have to give her props for getting straight back up and joking about it!


All the make-up on the carpet was very fresh, light and natural. You could see lots of sheer pink gloss, rosy lips and full lashes. Jennifer's make-up was no different but she added a subtle gray smokey eye. I'm now going to show you my re-creation of Jennifer's make-up.



- I'm going to start by spraying a few sprays of Mac - Fix+, this is going to act as my base - I like to start my make-up and finish my make-up with this setting spray as it helps keep the products last longer.

- I am then going to use Mac - ProLongWear Concealer on any blemishes or dark spot and Collection - Lasting Perfection Concealer under my eyes as it's lighter and Jennifer's under eyes weren't completely concealed.

- For foundation I am using Rimmel - Match Perfection foundation as it has good coverage but it isn't to heavy and it is a fairly matt foundation. I used my beauty blender sponge as it blends foundation evenly and it also sheers you foundation which is perfect as Jennifer's skin was very natural not heavy or cakey.

- I'm now going to leave my face and move onto my eyebrows, I am going to lightly fill them in and brush them and shape them just so they look a bit neater. You don't want to go to heavy and structured with your eyebrows as Jennifer's were very natural. For this I was using my favourite Elf - Eyebrow Kit.

- I am using Revlon - Creme Shadows in Not just Nudes, I am using the lightest shade in the palette as my base all over my eye.

- From what I could see in the photos it appears that Jennifer has a lighter shade of gray on her eye lids and a darker gray in the outer corner. To re-create this I am using the Elf - 24 essential palette in natural as it has two colours that are quite similar to Jennifer's. I have simply sweeped the lighter shade all across my eye and then in the outer corner gradually applied the darker gray, I then blended it out with a Mac #224 brush which is the best for blending colours. I am also going to put the darker gray along my lower lash line.
 
 

- Again it was hard to see Jennifer's eyeliner or even if she had any on. She would have defiantly had false eyelashes on but since I'm not going to use any I had going to you Soap & Glory Supercat Liquid Liner along my upper lash line and I am doing a very thin line following my eye shape just to make my eyelashes appear fuller. I am then curing my eyelashes and apply Clinque High Impact Mascara in 01 Black on both my upper and lower lashes.
 
- Now that my eyes are finished I am going to apply a little bit of my concealer under my eyes and blend it in. I am then going to dust a little bit of Rimmel - Stay Matte Powder, just so your face isn't shiny or oily. I have dry skin so I don't have to use much or any powder.
 
- I am now going to lightly contour my face with Benefit - Hoola, which is great for contouring as it is matt and you can blend it out so it suits most skin tones.
 
- Jennifer blush was very natural and made her cheeks a bit rosy, I am using Mac - Well Dressed as it gives your cheeks a nice colour.
 
- For my lips I am going to use Mac - Creme Cup Lipstick just to even out the colour of my lips and also acts as a base for my lips. Then for gloss I am using Clinque Long Lasting Glosswear in 10 Air Kiss. This lip gloss is perfect for this look as it looks identical to the one Jennifer was wearing.

 
I hope you enjoyed this make-up tutorial, if you have any questions about the look or products - just leave them in the comments below. I have to say this took me ages to write about five different occasions! I did start to write it the day after the Oscars but never mind! I have more make-up tutorial planned so keep looking out for them! And if your not already please follow my blog it would mean the world to be!

Previous Post - February Favourites - Linked Here - 


Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs