Saturday 12 April 2014

Selena Gomez Inspired Make-Up Tutorial || KCA14



 

 


A few weeks ago the Kids Choice Awards took place in Los Angeles, and of course as I scanning photos of the orange carpet for make-up inspiration and even though Selena Gomez didn't walk the carpet she was there and she did pick up an award. I loved her make-up it was soft and dewy with gold eyeshadow and fluttery lashes along side a peachy pink cheek and lip. Here the products I used to recreate the look and how I did it...
Face -

Laura Mercier - Oil-Free Foundation Primer
Mac - Studio Sculpt Foundation
Benefit - High Beam Highlighter
Collection - Lasting Perfection Concealer
Mac - Prep & Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose
Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder
Nars - Laguna Bronzer
Benefit - Hoola Bronzer 
Benefit - Coralista Blush
 
Eyes -
 
Mac - Painterly Paint Pot
Urban Decay - Naked 2 Palette - Half Baked e/s
Mac - Wedge & Charcoal Brown Eyeshadow
Soap & Glory - Smoulder Kohl in Cocoa Bean
Maybelline - The Falsies Black Drama Mascara
The Vintage Cosmetic Company - Gracie False Eyelashes
 
Brows -
 
Mac - Omega & Charcoal Brown Eyeshadow
Maybelline - Brow Drama in Dark Brown
 
Lips -
 
Mac - Plink! Lipstick
Nyx - Mega Shine Lipgloss in Nude Pink
 
Face - Selenas skin is very tanned and dewy, sadly I am not tanned but I have made my foundation look dewy but mixing some high beam into my foundation - now don't go crazy with this stuff, a little goes a long way! She also has completely flawless skin so I am faking that by using a medium to full coverage foundation which is studio sculpt. I am then concealing any problem area with my beloved Collection - Lasting Perfection Concealer. For under the eyes I am using two concealer so that I look really awake and so there is no discolouration. To set everything in place I am using a pressed powder but I am only use a little bit as I want to set the make-up but I want to keep the dewy effect. Selena doesn't have an intense contour but I defiantly want to add a bit to define my face so I am using Benefit - Hoola lightly along my cheekbones, temples and jawline. As Selena is looking very bronzed I am using Nars Laguna (which I recently review ) all around my face where I put the hoola and using whatever is left on my brush through the centre of my face to even the colour out. She has a muted coral pink on her cheeks but it defiantly has a sheen to it so I am using Benefit - Coralista which is the perfect blush with a bit more of high beam along my cheekbones and cupids bow to finish the look off.
 
Eyes- For a base I used Mac's Painterly Paint Pot, then using a mac #224 brush I used wedge as my transition colour in my crease. I used half baked e/s from urban decay 3/4 of the way across my lid and all around my eye. Selena defiantly went to town on the gold eyeshadow around the eye so don't be afraid just make sure to blend so it's not to harsh. You can't see Selena's eye make-up that well especially since she didn't walk the carpet but she defiantly had a darker colour in her outer crease. To darken the look I am using charcoal brown and blending it out. I am then put a thin line of brown pencil along my upper and lower lash line, not a lot but just enough to fill the space - I am only putting this about 3/4 of the way along my upper lash line as you can tell Selena doesn't have any liner in her inner corner. I am putting some mascara on my upper and lower lashes and then finishing the eyes of with some lashes that are full and gives the lashes both length and volume.
 
Brows - Selena has quite straight eyebrows and they're not overly groomed. I filled my eyebrows in with omega and then I used the darker colour charcoal brown on the outer part of my brows - using two colours makes it look more natural. I then sealed my brows in place with Maybelline - Brow Drama.
 
Lips - Selena kept her lips simple and glossy with just a light peachy pink lipstick - I used Plink! with is a seashell pink and its a lustre finish so its quite sheer. Her lips are also very glossy, I used Nyx mega shine lipgloss in nude pink which is really more of a peachy pink - which is the perfect colour for this look!

If you would like to see a photo of Selena at the kca's, there is one on my instagram (link in the sidebar or at bowsandbecki). I hope you enjoyed and if you would like me to re-create a specific look then you can comment below or tweet me @BowsBeautyB and I'll be happy to re-create! Thanks for Reading!

Did you like Selena Gomez's make-up at the KCA's?
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! love your eyes.

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs